Sunday, July 26, 2015

Rest day thoughts

Today we are taking a rest day in Lima Montana.   Monday we start the final leg of this fascinating voyage.  Montana holds lots of climbing, although no more high altitude riding. .....If I read the map correctly, we won't go over 8000. Ft again.  This is also viewed by many veterans as the most scenic portion of the route.

A couple thoughts on gear....
I ride a Brooks saddle. Made in jolly old England, and haven't changed for many years.  Not for everyone, but works for me.   I have absolutely no problem with chafing or "saddle sores".  Could happen, but so far so good!

Platform pedals.   This was a tougher choice.  I "clip in" on my road bike, but determined to try platforms on the Mt bike, and have been happy with the choice. This allows me to have one pair of shoes....I chose Solomon light trail runners, which have worked well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, I bought a B-17 back in March....hoping the Brooks magic that you and other rave about, will transfer to my butt! I can't even imagine how much more enjoyable my ride last summer would have been without the constant saddle irritation.
    You guys are kicking butt. (No pun intended!!).,,,,,Richmond Peak is just around the corner......you guys will love the view up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick you are an awesome supporter of the Amigos ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick you are an awesome supporter of the Amigos ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick you are an awesome supporter of the Amigos ☺

    ReplyDelete